Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bucket List Progress: Quit Smoking

Drum roll please....I am tobacco-free for 18 months! Hip hip hooray!!!

Being a non-smoker feels freakin' awesome!

How did I do it? A combination of electronic cigarettes and determination. I really wasn't easy, but it was so worth it.

e-Cigs helped just enough to take the edge off. They didn't completely take away the urges but they helped.

After 4 to 6 weeks of the e-cig, I weaned myself off it. Then, every time I thought of smoking I did 10 pushups or went for a run or ate natural popcorn. I forced myself to think about replacing cigarette smoking with a healthier behavior.

More than a year later, I can't imagine going back to smoking. The idea of paying someone to kill me is repugnant. I can't stand the way it smells. I LOVE that when I run I'm not held back by my lungs.

Life without smoking is freedom. I am never, ever going back. Bucket List Item #28 complete!!

No comments:

Post a Comment